Family-Owned and Operated
We are a family-owned and operated business located in southeast Missouri, with several of us living on the family farm. The lodge was originally built to accommodate hunters during their stay with our whitetail hunting business, Baker Bucks. More information about the hunts can be found at www.bakerbucks.com. The lodge is in such and idyllic setting, we decided to offer it for vacation and wedding lodging as well. The barn was remodeled to offer a premier barn wedding venue in our area. Fall 2014 was the opening of both our whitetail hunting business and wedding/event business.
Features of the property include:
- The Lodge
- The Wedding Barn
- 100 acre lake for fishing and water sports
- 750 acres of high-fenced whitetail hunting preserve
- Fully stocked pond beside lodge
- Guided fishing on 75 additional ponds
- Beautiful scenery for photo shoots
Locally, we are located 30 minutes from Poplar Bluff, MO; 20 minutes from Doniphan, MO; and 30 minutes from Van Buren, MO.
A bit further out, we are 2 hours north of Jonesboro, AR; 3 hours south of St. Louis, MO; 3 hours east of Springfield, MO; and 3 hours northwest of Memphis, TN.
If you wish to venture off our property, there are plenty of nearby attractions as well:
- Current River is a 20-30-minute drive, depending on your put-in location. Activities include floating/canoeing/kayaking/boating.
- Clearwater Lake is a 45-minute drive. Activities include pontoon, ski boat and Jet Ski rentals, along with a roped swimming area.
- Wappapello Lake is also a 45-minute drive.
- Several state parks are within about a one hour driving distance, more or less depending on the park.
- Hiking along the Southeast Missouri Ozark Trail
- Two golf courses are only a 30-minute drive
- Poplar Bluff Water Park is only a 30-minute drive
- AMC Theater is only a 30-minute drive
- 21 Drive-In outdoor theater is a 30 minute drive.
- Boutique shopping in Poplar Bluff