Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions that our guests often ask. If your question isn't on the list don't hesitate to get in touch!
How do I reserve a date for the barn or lodge?
- To reserve a date at either the barn or the lodge, we require a ½ non-refundable deposit along with a signed contract. The balance is due one month prior to the event or lodge-stay. We highly recommend wedding and trip insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations on your end.
Are Fireworks allowed on the property?
- No. We do not allow fireworks anywhere on the property. Sparklers are allowed on the gravel.
Are your prices negotiable?
- No. We publicly list our prices, and these prices are the same for all guests. There are no discounts unless we choose to run a special that is available to all guests.
Are outside rentals of tables and chairs allowed?
- These are included in our wedding pricing. For private parties, we require that you rent from us, as we have this service available. We will consider allowing outside rentals only if we cannot adequately provide the amount needed.
Does the barn have heating and air conditioning?
- Yes, the barn is fully air-conditioned and heated for comfortable weddings all year long!!!
How many people do the barn and lodge hold?
- The barn comfortably holds 150 guests inside at reception tables in the temperature-controlled area of the barn while still allowing room for a dance floor and cake/gift tables. It holds another 150 on the open-air sides of the barn. It will hold around 200 inside if it’s just chairs for a ceremony. It is 2,400 square feet inside the barn and 2,400 square feet of covered open-air space on the sides of the barn. We have tables, chairs, and benches to accommodate up to 250 guests, and this is the max number we recommend, as you would need to bring your own tables and chairs for a guest list larger than 250.
- The common area of the lodge can hold 40 people comfortably at rectangular tables for a rehearsal dinner, private party, or business meeting.
- The lodge sleeps 14 in beds, and our bunkhouse sleeps 6 in beds.
Is there a Kitchen at the Barn?
- Yes, we have a Kitchen/Workroom in a separate building next to the barn. There is a stove, microwave, large sink, 2 dishwashers, 2 refrigerator/freezer combos and a half-size deep freezer in the workroom. We do not have an ice-maker, but there are 2 gas stations that are only a 10-minute drive away.
Do you offer Catering, Photography, DJ services, or have speakers and sound systems?
- We do not offer these services, but have many recommendations for outside vendors that do specialize in these areas. We do have electricity at both the barn and outdoor ceremony spots.
Are we required to use certain vendors at your venue?
- No. You may use whichever vendors you prefer.
Where is the nearest grocery store, hotel, and gas station?
- It is a 20-30 minute drive to Doniphan, Van Buren, or Poplar Bluff, which all offer grocery stores and hotels. It is a 10 minute drive to Stop and Go gas station on Hwy 60, and a 15 minute drive to Ellsinore, which has a grocery store, gas station, and Dollar General.
Are ATV's allowed on the property?
- We do not allow ATV’s on the property for entertainment riding. On wedding rentals only, we will allow up to 5 golf carts, Rangers, Mules, side-by-sides, etc. for the purpose of shuttling guests from parking to the ceremony site. Absolutely no drinking while operating any vehicles on the property.
Are internet and tv available at the lodge?
- Yes, we have Wifi and DirectTV available. There is not Wifi at the barn, however.
What time do guests of the renter not renting a room have to leave?
- All day guests not renting rooms on the property are asked to leave by 10 p.m.
Does the reception at the Wedding Barn have to end at a certain time if the lodge has also been rented?
- Yes, the reception still has to end at 11 p.m. We will turn off all lights and lock the barn at this time. Guests who are staying at the lodge are free to continue music inside at the lodge.
Is alcohol allowed on the property?
- Yes, but you must either have a licensed liquor vendor, do BYOB, or provide it to your guests 21 and over free of charge. (No cash bar without a licensed vendor). If providing alcohol, you accept responsibility for your guests. All guests who drink are responsible and liable for their own actions.
Is there taxi service available?
- We are rurally located, so it is best that guests who will be driving not drink or have arrangements for transportation planned in advance. Large bus rentals used to taxi guests to hotels have been a good option for some wedding parties.
Is fishing allowed in the pond behind the lodge?
- Yes, fishing in the pond behind lodge is free, and you may keep any fish you catch. We also offer guided lake and pond fishing on our 100 acre lake and 75 farm ponds. A guide is provided, but you must bring your own gear. Contact Baker Bucks for pricing on guided fishing or hunting.
Are pets allowed on the property?
- No, we do not allow guests to bring pets on the property or inside any buildings. There are several reasons for this. We have our own pets, who they might not get along with; we don’t allow any animals inside for any reason; it’s possible your pet could run off and get lost or harmed.
Are tent/RV sites and RV hookups available?
- No. However, the nearby towns of Doniphan and Van Buren have several campgrounds to accommodate this need. We do not allow tents or RV’s on the property.
Is hunting available?
- Yes, guided whitetail hunting through Baker Bucks hunting preserve. Please visit www.bakerbucks.com for more information, availability, and pricing.